The AZUR camping in Kipfenberg is located in close proximity to the A9 directly at the Altmühl.
“The view at the romantic Altmühl and the surrounding landscape is just gorgeous.”
The AZUR Camping Altmühltal in the middle of the natural reserve will bring joy to all outdoor fans! With its location directly on the Altmühl, you will find the optimal conditions for canoe enthusiasts. The boat rental - with or without pickup - is located directly next to the campground. The Altmühl bike path counts to the most popular bike paths in all of Germany and starts from the camping going in both directions through idyllic landscapes and historically relevant towns. At the bistro and beer garden belonging to the campground you will be able to relax to the fullest after an exhausting day.
You love camping in nature? Explore the infrastructure of our campground, tailored for your needs! It does not matter if you visit us with your own caravan, camper or tent , our pitches are parcelled and you will have the possibility to book a pitch directly in the first row at the river.
We have planned something really special for beginners to camping in 2021! You want to feel the camping experience without hindsight on comfort? This is not a problem on the camping in Kipfenberg! Our guests have been enjoying our camping pods and camping barrels since some time! However, in the completely newly decorated Nature Lodges you are assured an extraordinary holiday from which your kids will reminisce for quite some time!
- A modern sanitary building with a room for babies, family showers, washing machine, dryer and a fun shower just for dogs.
- Our comfortable camping barrels are made out of untreated pinewood and offer sleeping comfort on the highest level.
- You can enjoy quite some time in the cozy camping pods designed for one family with 2 kids you.
- The bike lodges offer you the possibility to sleep “above the clouds” and below on the wooden table you can let the day fade out. Just ideal for your kids!
- Experience a super glamping holiday. Our high-quality newly furnished glamping tents (Nature Lodges) will offer you an extraordinary comfort.
- On our campground you have access to a bistro with a sunbathing terrace and a beer garden.
- Our nature playground with a climbing crag is the highlight for our younger guests. It’s a real eyecatcher!
- The shop & snack service offers you freshly-baked bread, groceries, local beers and important non-food items.
- Naturally, we also provide a camper-service-station and camping gas is available for sale.
- A boat slip for canoes and canoe trips is located directly on the camping site.
Sport und Outdoor
- Canoe and boat rental (directly next door)
- You are able to fish in the Altmühl directly from the camping. Fishing tickets are available at the reception.
- In close proximity you can find ideal spots for paragliding and hang-gliding.
- The Altmühl bike path is optimal for biking, mountain biking or even e-biking. You can start your journey directly from the camping.
Culture and culinary
- Dinosaur museum Altmühltal - not only a highlight for kids; and located only a couple of kilometers away.
- Participate at the medieval „Limesfest“ in Kipfenberg in the summer.
- The monastery Weltenburg is a must-visit, with its historic beer garden and its dreamlike location on the Donau.
- An ideal spot for collecting fossils: the famous Plattenkalksteinbrüche in Solnhof.
- Visit one of many bavarian beer gardens located directly along the Altmühl.
- Our camping-own bistro with a sunbathing terrace and beer garden caters you with excellent dishes and freshly tapped beer.
- The authentic bavarian kitchen can be experienced in many inns located in close proximity.
- Brewery sightseeing for instance can be organized at the monastery Weltenburg.
Our business hours for the camping Altmühltal for 2021
Camping 27.3.2021 - 25.10.2021 Shop 27.3.2021 - 25.10.2021 Bistro und Biergarten: 27.3.2021 - 25.10.2021