The AZUR Camping Regensburg lays directly on the Danube and is located in close proximity of the historic town
“The world heritage Regensburg is always worth a visit!”
AZUR Camping Regensburg – the optimal camping for your city trip to the UNESCO world heritage city of Regensburg!
Our camping is located directly on the Danube and only 3.5 km outside of the city centre. Thanks to the ideal connection to the public transfer, with the bus stop directly in front of the campground, the trip to the historic city takes only a couple of minutes. If you prefer to engage in physical activity you can reach the city centre through the Donauradweg either by bike or e-bike quickly. The bike path passes the camping directly and will reward you with beautiful views along the way.
Do you prefer the friendly camping atmosphere to a city hotel? Why wouldn’t you want to experience one of our camping barrels?
This way, you will be able to connect an unforgettable city trip with a stay in the countryside, including a free parking spot. A romantic weekend with your partner or a barrel next to your own one for your friends - your holiday is guaranteed to be memorable!Camping facilities
- In our spacious shop & snack area at the reception you will be able to acquire daily freshly baked bread and many groceries and besides that a coffee-to-go.
- 2 Sanitary buildings (accessible for wheelchairs) with a room for babies, shower cabinets, a washing machine and a cooking space.
- Our cozy camping barrels are made out of untreated pinewood and offer high sleeping comfort on the highest level.
- The bike lodges offer you the possibility to sleep “above the clouds” and below on the wooden table you can let the day fade out. Ideal for the kids!
- Naturally, we also provide a camper-service-station and camping gas is available for sale.
- Table-tennis and an outdoor gym.
Sport and Outdoor
- Swimming spots and beaches directly along the Danube are located in close proximity to the camping.
- The Danube-bike-path goes directly past the camping.
- The great open-air and indoor swimming pool “Westbad” is located close by and you can easily walk there.
- Book a day-trip with the Danube-boat departing from the historic city of Regensburg.
Culture and culinary
- The stone bridge (past world heritage)
- The St. Peter Cathedral
- The castle of Thurn and Taxis (here you will find an exceptional christmas fair)
- Roman Porta Prätoria
- A visit to the Walhalla at the Donaustauf
- A trip to the hall of liberation at Kehlheim
- We recommend the beer garden Dunnerkeil tavern serving traditional Bavarian dishes. It is located at the entrance of the camping (A room for groups is also available)
- A visit to one of the traditional bavarian taverns, inns or beer gardens.
- Regensburg has a splendid selection of top-restaurants with regional dishes.